Total list currently 2405 items in 330 Brands
Roland | SPD-20
|The SPD-20 Total Percussion Pad is Roland's flagship electronic percussion multi-pad, with a very intuitive interface and 700 high-quality percussion, drum and instrument sounds. This multi-pad is perfect for acoustic drummers looking to add electronic sounds to their sets, electronic drummers looking to expand further, and MIDI studio musicians who want to program rhythm parts more naturally.
Roland Octapad is a range of MIDI percussion controllers produced by the Roland Corporation.
• The SPD-20 features 700 different internal instruments, including drum set sounds, percus-
sion sounds from around the world, dance sounds, sound effects, phrase loops, and more,
that can be used in a wide variety of musical genres.
• Each sound can be edited using a wide variety of sound parameters, including level, pitch,
decay, pan, velocity curve, and effect send.
• Using the Layer function, different Velocity Curves can be assigned to each of two sounds,
and the two sounds mixed (or switched) by your playing dynamics.
• The on-board digital effects unit (Reverb, Delay, Chorus and Flanger) allows you to set the
effect depth independently for each sound assigned to a pad (p. 28).
• Four external dual trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect kick trigger units
(KD-7s; sold separately) or pads (PD-7, PD-9, PD-5, PD-120, PD-100: sold separately), for
playing in conjunction with the SPD-20’s pads. When you connect the PD-7 or PD-9,
you can enjoy such drum techniques as snare rim shots and cymbal choking. With the
PD-120 connected, you can play rim shots. What’s more, you can play the SPD-20’s sounds
using an acoustic drum trigger attached to an acoustic drum.
• When a hi-hat control pedal (FD-7; sold separately) is connected, you have continuous con-
trol (from closed to open) of the hi-hat sounds.
• Settings for the SPD-20’s 8 pads, 4 external pads, hi-hat control pedal, and the effects unit can
be stored as one of 99 Patches. This means that a single SPD-20 is able to store and instantly
recall 99 different percussion “sets,” covering virtually any style of music you can imagine.
• Using the Patch Chain function, you can create and store a sequence of up to 16 Patches
which can be selected in a predetermined order (convenient for use within a song). The SPD-
20 can store eight such Patch Chains.
• For each pad, you can set two independent MIDI transmit channels and Velocity Curves, so
that your playing dynamics can control external and internal sound generators.
• The SPD-20 is fully expandable via MIDI, and is especially powerful when used with a
sequencer. For example, you might record SPD-20 settings as bulk data at the begin-
ning of sequencer song data, or allow the sequencer to take care of Patch selection so that you
can concentrate on playing.
|Memory||700 ROM sounds. 99 drum sets|
|Recording||8 sequences of 16 patches|
|Extra info||4 Trigger in|
|Produced:||1998 - 2010|
|Legend:||Obvious||Y: Yes, N: No, N/A: Not Applicable|
|VCO||Voltage Controlled Oscillator||DCO||Digital Controlled Oscillator|
|LFO||Low Frequency Oscillator||Sub||Sub Oscillator|
|VCF||Voltage Controlled Filter||VCA||Voltage Controlled Amplifier|
|Velocity||As with a piano, the harder you hit a key, the louder the sound, unlike most organs which always produce the same loudness no matter how hard you hit a key.||Aftertouch||Pressing a key after you activated it. Channel Aftertouch, no matter which key, it will send a Channel message. Poly Aftertouch, sends the pressure per key instead of the whole channel.|
|Values for OSC, LFO, Filter, Envelope are per voice unless stated otherwise.|